Dill (Anethum graveolens) is a plant of the family Selinoeidon (Apiaceae). Dill is an indigenous, annual plant of Mediterranean countries and southern Russia. It was known in the Ancient Greece as “Anithon” and “Anison”. The flowers were used to manufacture perfume and its essential oil was used for relaxing and toning muscles. Dill enjoys much sun but does not like wet soil. Dill is used a lot for cooking, for example taste it with our wonderful “Feta” cheese, it is incredible. The Dill is also used in medicine against colic, but also as a diuretic and tonic.
- Good for stomach,
- Good against for toothache, infections and caries (chew leaves to pass),
- Improves digestion,
- Good for pregnant and lactating women.
- Saturday fruit-zoom – Banana (bleneraida.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Fruits Zoom – Grapefruit (bleneraida.wordpress.com)
- How to grow a lemon tree from seed (morphicenergies.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Fruits Zoom – Avocado (bleneraida.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Veg’Zoom – Carrot (bleneraida.wordpress.com)
- What Else Can I Try? My Baby Is Still Crying! (everydayfamily.com)
- Saturday Fruit’Zoom – Lemon (bleneraida.wordpress.com)
I’m ‘dill’ited about this post! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thank you so much, dill is an amazing herb that we forget some times to use when it goes so well with everything and it is also so good for health 🙂